Sunday, November 14, 2010

3 Beautiful Things in Kampalala

Sundowners, safari, school

  • This evening I shared sundowners, dinner and dessert wine, with my wonderful friend. Admiring the ever changing, ever dramatic African sky. We shared things that made our weekend beautiful (lovely new leather boots) and things that made our weekend tough (the invoice of the new boots!!). It is that time of year where we teachers decide; "should I stay or should I go?" We are undecided. I had to remind her that she wants to leave the country (does she?) so ...we shared our 'beautiful things'. There were many. This sharing, this friendship, is one of my beautiful things.
  • I love the fact that on long weekends and holidays I can jump in my car with  friends and go on safari. Friends in Europe are (can I say it..?) envious of, what they think to be a decadent extravagance; where it is in fact a cheap and cheerful trip.
  • There is no doubt about it that I do, (in the world of teaching) have an easy job. I do not have to spend my weekends planning and preparing lessons. I can enjoy my life! I have time for online courses, tennis lesson, half marathon training, RUT (Robyn's Ugandan Trips) planning and sundowners.
Easy decision! RUT will be shortly be taking bookings for 2011-2012!!

Special sundowner skies in Uganda.








1 comment:

  1. Erin Penque JohnstonNovember 16, 2010 at 6:16 AM

    Me loves it! Keep writing and posting thoughts. Good luck training! If you can train there you can train anywhere, right? Will you be in Scotland this summer?! Love to you beautiful girl.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment-it is always nice to hear from you!