Sunday, January 29, 2012

My Ugandan Story-framed

I was so excited to pick up my special piece of Ugandan art work from the framers!




I got this as a leaving gift...to myself, when I left Uganda. It was packed straight into the movers boxes and has been away getting framed...until I could afford to pick it up!

The bark cloth batik, by Ivan Yakuze, tells a little story about my time in Uganda and every time I look at it I find something else that I love.

I love the book shelves reminding me of the book club I used to be in (it looks like a wee person-don't you think?) and the safari truck-that was my first safari in Uganda, when I came over from Kuwait with Sven, Jane, Ange and Scott-we went everywhere...and I had my interview for my job that holiday. Actually- I think my favourite part is the cutlery-as I used to be in a cook club in Uganda-which, for the most part was a culinary disaster as the cooks always drank too much!Hehe!



 What do you think?

3 comments:

  1. I love it! I never buy stuff when I travel because then I just have to carry it around / move it, but I always think that maybe I should be, because there is so much cool authentic stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kyria. As I have gotten older I have bought more for my house...but yes, cost in moving is high. I hardly have anything from my 4 years in the middle east- but have things from holidays in other places. I must though, get more photos printed and frame those.

    ReplyDelete
  3. they r beautiful!! I've never been then but I so wish to =)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment-it is always nice to hear from you!