Saturday, May 7, 2011

Weekend Celebrations

I closed my eyes as I did a final lap swimming in the sun this morning. A wonderful start to the weekend, a fantastic celebration to the end of a good week in Uganda.

I started to write my bucket list of things I want to do in Kampala before I leave (I will share these another time) and I am, going to soak it all up before I go.

It is a good friend's birthday today - she is a strong and powerful, independent woman who makes me, and all around her, laugh out loud. We are going to start the day off with mimosas (she is American..bucks fizz to you and me!) and a day at a spa at the boutique hotel in town. I feel like it is my birthday! I know if there is trouble to be found and fun to be had, we will be the ones to find it today.

And I have more birthdays next weekend...horray for celebrating life!

3 comments:

  1. Mmm Mimosas! Sounds like a great day - and a great bucket list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great day! Have a Mimosa for me! I really like your site and look forward to the next time I visit!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment-it is always nice to hear from you!