Monday, August 15, 2011

Where sky meets skye

Just back from a mini road trip, a Scottish safari if you will, to Skye.No canvas or campsites this time, hostels and B&Bs (a whole new experience for me!) The weather changed with every bend of the road and breath of wind; but it didn't spoil the fun or the beautiful scenery. 

With the weather being so predictably 'Scottish', a tea shop and Inn tour of Skye was the priority of the trip.










Kerry and I wondered if we could live on an island. An island where mobile reception is not reliable (I couldn't get it at all), where everyone knows it's 'Andrew's birthday' and where you would get ostracized for hanging out your washing on a Sunday. Hmm-not sure, but we both fell in love with Carbost on Skye and I've started saving for a holiday home!

1 comment:

  1. Is this blog really about Africa, My Africa? :-)
    I do love your Scotland though.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment-it is always nice to hear from you!