Thursday, June 7, 2012

Cherrio

I took a sharp intake of breath when I walked in the fruit shop to see a load of (imported) soft fruit. Cherries, peaches, blueberries and nectarines. Yeah! I love passion fruit and mangoes, but it is nice to get a change from time to time.

I took another intake of breath when I saw the price, but decided I would just get a little of each as a treat.

Black cherries are my favourite fruit, yep, love them. gobbling all 6 cherries (!) I was inspired to make a cherry cheesecake. As I said, the cherries were mucho expensivo, so I bought some jam for the topping! (Nice jam!)



This Nigella recipe was my go-to-recipe in Kuwait...and have made it a dozen of times, but this was the first time I made it here in Kenya. It is honestly the easiest and tastiest cheesecake.



The photos are a bit crap. I took it over to a friends and could hardly just cut a slice for the photo, could I?

I can't believe the first week of June has disappeared. Where is the time going? Not long now...

6 comments:

  1. Yummy! What's the recipe, or is it a secret? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummm that looka amazing! I love Cheesecake!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ha ramblinbess, no. I put it as a hyperlink- Nigella-it takes you to the recipe

    Thanks Regan-it is alyays a winner

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cheesecake! You are a blogger after my own heart ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep-this and carrot cake-my favourite desserts

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum! I love cheesecake and carrot cake as well! Also, I gave you a blog award today! http://travelspot06.blogspot.com/2012/06/monday-misc.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment-it is always nice to hear from you!