Sunday, April 17, 2011

Storms

I spent Friday night watching an electric storm move closer and closer, we had to close all the shutters bar one, left open for our viewing pleasure. We moved on from wine and drank whiskey wrapped in blankets and pashminas. Storms are great, like that, when your inside.

This morning, after getting up at 6.30am (yes, on a Sunday morning!) my long run was rained off. My buddy and I gave up after one km and went and sat in my car. I spent longer putting on my Vaseline than I did actually running. We waited in my car, deciding what to do. Storms aren't so great during a run. Bugger-our last long run before the Two-Oceans was ruined. We waited some more, then went for breakfast. Then the sun came out, just long enough for a rainbow to arc over Kampala. I think the ugly backdrop made the rainbow even prettier.



Hoping for a dry and cool morning in Cape Town next Saturday.

6 comments:

  1. Wow! What an amazing adventure you are having. How wonderful that you always wanted to do this and did! Not many people can say that. Everyday must be an adventure for you. The picture of the rainbow is awesome!!
    Stopping by from FLOB's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I've been gettting used to the electrical storms here in Florida too, it's not nicknamed "lightning alley" for nothing! The thunder here has different acoustics to Yorkshire/Cumbria though, as Florida is flat so there's no hills and valleys to echo around!

    I like the idea of wine and whiskey to last the storm out! hehe!

    Paul
    http://fromsheeptoalligators.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing! Sorry about your run, but I say rainbow and breakfast are even better :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so happy to have found your blog- I found you through for the love of blogs.

    I love Africa- it's always been something I can't get out of my head. I'm so glad to be able to follow your awesome adventure through your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there! I'm stopping over from FTLOB. I read your "I Dream of Africa" page, and I think you have such a cool story. I would love to live in Africa!

    Storms are so lovely for drinking wine and whiskey and snuggling under blankets!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for stopping by. Yes storms,ones experienced inside, are the best!

    Paul the thunder here is so loud the car alarms all go off-that is what happens when you live in a city built on 7 hills I guess!:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment-it is always nice to hear from you!