Thursday, June 27, 2013

Currently

Currently reading- The Hundred-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out the Window and Disappeared.
I recently read this and loved it and this which was a light and enjoyable read.

Currently listening to-Bombay Bicycle Club and Tom Odell





Currently playing around with-Instagram. You can see all of my 6 photos (!) at robopurdie

Currently watching- Wimbledon. The TV is not on much during the holidays but I love watching the tennis with McEnroe's commentating. (Funny to think that this time last year I was still working in Nairobi, watching the games at my friend Nadia's house).

Currently experimenting with- new(for me) recipes. I love having the time to try things I've wanted to for ages; French onion soup (would not be the same made in Kuwait...wine free!), rhubarb muffin with rhubarb from the garden, quiche from scratch...and I want to make my first pie. I might have to start the fasting diet to balance things out a tad!

Currently enjoying-runs in fresh air and the colour green!


I'm home, but not yet fully in holiday mode. Enjoying pottering but taking some time to slow down. This mood though doesn't mean I am not appreciating every moment of being home; having a glass of wine at lunch, afternoon runs in the cool weather, reading during the day, catching up with family and walks round Loch Lomond. In a few days I'll stop feeling guilty for enjoying these pleasures...and I'll make time to write...or not!

7 comments:

  1. Glad your enjoying it! Just finished http://www.amazon.com/The-Garden-Evening-Mists-Twan/dp/B00B9ZBL4E which was a very different kind of book. Beautifully written but quite dark. Still work a read!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the recommendations- i niw gave a fab summer list. I enjoyed The hundred year old... Am now engrossed in 'an African love story' by Daphne Sheldrick.Not sure if its in kindle yet ( I have the hardback) but I would recommend it!

      Delete
  2. Still have to read that book. Thanks for reminding me!

    Hannah from I am a lifestyle blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. love bombay bicycle club!
    i have been watching wimbledon probably a little too much lately as well. . .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh- was just gripped during that amazing Djokovic match- sooooo entertaining!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the scene, good job :)

    -Heather
    hmhphotopro.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. mmm french onion soup would be fantastic right now. Even though it is super warm here in Minnesota in July- I just bought a house and our fridge is busted, so I really miss cooking big batches of soup and stew.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment-it is always nice to hear from you!